Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine of Somerset County, NJ has been serving patients with non-surgical orthopedic solutions since 1999. Known for innovative and collaborative care, PRRM pioneered Regenerative Medicine in New Jersey back in 2011, successfully treating thousands of patients suffering from knee, shoulder, and hip pain. As of December 2018, PRRM proudly announces the addition of credentialed spine specialists to the Performance team and the expansion of its Regenerative Medicine practice to include Adult Stem Cell Therapy for the spine.
At Performance, Dr. Anthony Piccillo, Clinical Director of the Branchburg office, is a leading Primary Spine Physician recognized as the only doctor in his cohort to pass all 4 parts of the board exams with perfect scores. Primary Spine Physicians are focused practitioners specifically trained to diagnose, treat, and manage patients with spine-related disorders (SRDs) using the most evidence-based methods. Thus, for patients with SRDs, including back pain, neck pain, headaches, radiculopathy, and other related conditions, the first practitioner that a patient should consult is the Primary Spine Physician.
PSPs are skilled at:
- Differential testing, diagnosis, and treatment for spinal conditions
- Pain management for spine related conditions
- Appreciation of minimalism in spine care
- Methods, techniques, and indications for intensive rehabilitation, interventional treatments and surgical procedures
- Understanding unique features of work and motor vehicle related SRDs
- Coordinating efforts of various practitioners to ensure ideal collaborative patient care where referrals and other specialists are needed
Research indicates that patients who see a Primary Spine Physician first, in lieu of a general primary care practitioner, experience significant benefits including: faster recovery and increased productivity, higher patient satisfaction with shared decision making and reduced medical costs, avoidance of iatrogenic disability, as well as, decreased likelihood of becoming a “chronic pain sufferer.”
We, at Performance Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine, are thrilled to announce these pivotal innovations in patient care and we remain committed to getting patients better, faster.